PREPARE FOR WINTER DELIVERY
For safe, on-time delivery, use this checklist to ensure propane safety in the event of heavy snowfall or icy conditions:
- Clear snow and ice from your driveway and keep a clear path to and around your tanks or cylinders for refills, emergencies and cylinder exchange.
- If you have a long or winding driveway, mark the path with stakes to help the driver stay safely on the prepared surface.
- Ensure your equipment is visible and that snow isn’t piled, plowed or blown on your tanks or cylinders, gas lines, regulators, appliance vents or cylinder cages.
- Use soft tools such as brooms or brushes to ensure no damage to the equipment, components or cages. DO NOT use power equipment.
- Regulators on both the tank and at the home or building should be clear of snow.
- Be aware of any piping that may be stressed due to heavy snow load.
- Use extra care near all copper lines.
- If your propane system includes a vaporizer, make sure the equipment is accessible and that it is clear of snow.
For more information, click here for winter delivery tips.
PROTECT YOUR PROPANE EQUIPMENT
Propane Safety Matters
We value the lives, health and property of our customers, employees and communities. Our commitment is explained in our Health & Safety Policy and supported by a health and safety program focused on prevention and improving the safety culture. View our Propane Safety Frequently Asked Questions, or the safety sections below.
Propane Barbecue Safety
Propane Cylinder Safety
Propane Appliance Safety
Propane Tank Inspection
In Ontario, Superior Propane’s 10 Year Inspection Program ensures total compliance of your propane equipment with Ontario regulatory requirements. Every 10 years, a licensed technician will inspect everything from your propane tank to your appliances.